Home of the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
The plan is a result of many significant milestones and moments in time. From advocates to academics, passionate voices from all corners of our community have played their part in shaping its intent and its content. President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition Learn how the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition works to motivate people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities to lead active, healthy lives.
- These include smoking cigarettes, and can also include a poor diet, whether it is overeating or an overly constrictive diet.
- Mental illnesses are the leading cause of disability in the US and Canada.
- NIH-supported research has had a major positive impact on nearly all of our lives.
- The third outcome is to increase the number of people who successfully quit smoking.
- In one study, people with chronic insufficient sleep, set as six